Man Crush #1: Matthew Bellamy of Muse
8:42 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
Sometimes you really have to question American taste in music. Why the hell do artists like Nickelback, Hinder, and Creed (the worst of them all) become so rich, famous, and loved my millions of fans?? Other than the fact that their lyrics and musical compositions are easy enough for a five year old to pick up on, I don't know. I don't know if other supergroups are looked at in the same way in other countries, but one band I wish received more credit in the states is Muse. Most people who know me, understand my almost obsession with Muse. Matthew Bellamy's musical talent is amazing whether its his vocal, guitar, or piano skills. Plus, he and his bandmates know how to rock the fuck out and get the crowd going. I've seen Muse three times, and their performance at Austin City Limits in 2007 was almost orgasmic. Easily one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Here's a video of them performing one of my favorite songs, Map of the Problematique.



Recently, I bought their live CD/DVD set, HAARP. Its just a reminder of how amazing they are. I can't believe it only cost $15 for a full length live DVD and CD. What I wouldn't have given to be at one of those performances at Wembley Stadium. At ACL they played every song I could have wanted to hear, and all of those are on this new DVD. It was just one of those shows where I could rock out like none other, forget everything on my mind and focus on whats at hand: awesome musical talent. This isn't to say Muse is the only band that can do that for me, but one of the leaders in that category.

At this moment in time, I could definitely go for a show like that, where I can just forget everything else going on in my life. Better yet, a vacation would be even better. I'm still waiting to take my beach trip. Why can't there be more hours in the day? Hell, I'd even go by myself. Thats how bad I want to sit on the beach. Just a month left, and then Hot Springs, here I come! I'm pretty stoked about my internship. New location, new situations, new experiences.....change is a good thing sometimes. I'll be able to come back next year with a new perspective and clear mind.
|
This entry was posted on 8:42 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous said...

mmmm...muse.
and mmmm hot springs!