Keep on keepin' on
12:42 AM | Author: madcakeshandy


Artist: The Cinematic Orchestra
Song: To Build a Home
Album: Ma Fleur

There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills...
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust..
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home.......

Cause, I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust........

Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed it's knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
I held on as tightly as you held onto me
I held on as tightly as you held onto me......

Cause, I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust........
________________________________________________________________

Such a beautiful song. I don't even care if it was on Grey's Anatomy. I knew about this group WAY before then. The Cinematic Orchestra uses a lot of different musical elements, and is just so soothing. Every song just adds more and more layers to create a unique sound. I would definitely consider this "rainy day music." Those days when you wake up and its raining, and you just want to lay in bed and listen to music: this album would be perfect. Its almost like smooth jazz, but indie smooth jazz, if that even makes any sense. I'm pretty obsessed with new music that can make good use of stringed instruments (other than guitar). Some people compare this song to Coldplay's style, but if you listened to any of there other songs, you wouldn't think that at all To me, this song kind of describes those times when you feel so settled, at home so to say, and then your world can be turned upside down at the drop of a dime. Situations and emotions can come out of nowhere, whether positive or negative.

I know that feeling...all to well sometimes.

But I guess this is life.. As much as we can all wish to have a pretty consistent lifestyle, that's almost impossible. Change is inherent, but when things shake up unexpectedly, it might not be the most positive experience. You definitely have to just roll with the punches sometimes, no matter how hard it may be.
|
This entry was posted on 12:42 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM , :: amy :: said...

"....i knew about them WAY before that..."

love it. love you.