It doesn't matter. It's in the past. - Rafiki
5:26 PM | Author: madcakeshandy


Artist: Mute Math
Song: Stall Out
Album: Mute Math

I first saw Mute Math in concert my freshman year, when they opened for Mae at the Engine Room (Houston, TX). I listened to them a bit online before they show, but was surprisingly blown away by their live performance. They have crazy energy...

img_2582

I know, I know...some people consider them a "Christian" band, but I don't think of them in that way. Yes, their lyrics can be shaped in the way, but they can also go the completely opposite direction. I think they can apply to any person or situation, other than those related Christianity. This song above, Stall Out, is one of my favorite songs. The lyrics are kind of a motivation for me, even though they seem very depressing.

"I keep stalling out, I just can't keep up. There's alarming doubt, am I good enough? But you keep coming around to convince me it's still far from over."

I think everyone goes through this feeling....this feeling of uncertainty. Sometimes I say to myself, how the hell am I going to get through today, tomorrow, this week?? In all seriousness though, what you do today isn't going to necessarily affect you ten years from now, unless you've been put in state penitentiary for over ten years. In that case, your life is just going to suck. When you look back on the past, do you want those bad experiences to still be ingrained in your mind? Or do you want to look back and reminisce about those crazy/fun/exciting/meaningful moments. Even though different situations and experiences may affect me in negative ways, its important to use the positive influences in my life (friends, family, passions) to help me deal with those emotions. I shouldn't let anything get in the way of the things I love. Suppressing feelings isn't ever a good idea, but dealing with them in a positive way so as not to push the good things in your life away is, in my opinion, the best way to handle them. I've never felt comfortable wearing my heart on my sleeve, but I'm learning how to do things differently, the hard way.

On THAT note, so as not to be a Debbie Downer, a group I recently saw live at SXSW was N.E.R.D. I've listened to them for years, but holy shit do they know how to put on a good show. My friend Amy and I brushed up next to Pharrell on our way to the bathroom and almost shit a brick. We were that star struck. And he's kind of a little man.



This is a new, unreleased song called Spaz.
|
This entry was posted on 5:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 28, 2008 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous said...

i'll take the fun crazy insane too. glad we could chill poolside. procrastinate. enjoy life.