hey willow smith, you should watch this.
10:12 AM | Author: madcakeshandy
Oooh, the national phenomenon that is Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair". Yes, she is a mere 10 years olds, she possesses a "distinct" fashion style (or someone is giving her that style), and her track is respectable for someone of such a young age. With all that said, if America wants to see how people REALLY whip their hair back and forth, watch the video below.


As I was sipping on a 44 ounce Diet Coke last night, my friend and I were sending each other videos like the one above, and and I just started to think. Most have at least heard of voguing, but the femme style of vogue has been taking over the underground for years. It actually made a national appearance on MTV's America's Next Dance Crew. The woman featured in the above video, Leomy, was a member. Another fun fact, Leomy was an extra in Willow Smith's official music video.

There is no arguing that its a catchy tune, but I just have to point out the fact that Will Smith's cleverly named daughter needs to do some research (10 year olds can read, right?). It is possible she was truly influenced by this scene, but how many nine and ten year olds know anything about LGBT subcultures? To the more informed minority, I feel like she is trying to somewhat represent an entire culture that she knows absolutely nothing about. If she knew how much of a force Leomy is in the vogue scene, she would have featured her in that music video for more than five seconds.

Just sayin'. That's my rant for the morning.

And I really wish I wasn't terrified to shablam. I would probably fracture by legs, back, and/or neck. Maybe one day....just watch for me on the dance floor.
This entry was posted on 10:12 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: