ELECTRO|iˈlektrō|
a style of dance music with a fast beat and synthesized backing track.

Some would say its almost a way of life for me / its a fundamental part of my psyche / I inhale it with more fervor than the polluted Houston air I breathe everyday. That all may be true to an extent, but most importantly, it unconsciously makes me dance the shit out of a dance floor.

Crystal Castles: an often chaotic indie electro duo that music aficionados/hipsters seem to either love or despise. Regardless of your feelings towards them, you gotta give them credit for what they do for a living. CC released their second self-titled album on May 24th of this year, and recently they remixed the track "Not In Love." This time around, the duo made an effort to appease a wider range of music fans. No, this isn't your stereotypical remix, but how can anyone go wrong with Robert Smith? (What hipster doesn't love The Cure? Don't answer. Its a rhetorical question.). Check out the track below. You won't be disappointed.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't lie to you. When I previewed the first single from LCD Soundsystem's latest album release, "Drunk Girls", I was not impressed. I was worried it was a precursor of what was to come. LCD is a first tier band in my mind, but I couldn't get over the novice sound of it all. Luckily, after the album was released to the public, my worries were put to rest. I mean, I still don't like "Drunk Girls", but that is why my iPod has a NEXT button. A little while back, I discovered a well-done remix of "You Wanted a Hit" by Keljet. It has enough continuous drive to move those oxford shoes/high tops/TOMS on the dance floor, but it can also be a track to listen to on the back porch while drinking a microbrew and smoking an American Spirit. Check it out below. Oh, and be sure to check out the latest LCD music video, "Pow Pow".




This entry was posted on 6:50 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: