Man Crush #2: John Legend
6:47 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
I feel like this concert has been three years in the making. After missing out on one of John Legend's first tours, I vowed that I would see him in concert one day. Last night, I finally got my chance (thanks to my lovely wife). I love his three albums, but seeing him live was just purely amazing. Excuse my French, but he can fucking sing. When someone can sound like that in concert, his talent is unquestionable. These are the musicians that deserve the respect they get. They aren't celebrities first and then artists. He performed every song I wanted to hear. Hell, I enjoyed every single song he performed. His music is like pure sex. All-in-all, it was just a very special concert. I can't even put it into words. Also, the man barely took a break. It was just song after song after song.

Estelle was a great opener as well. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. I could not believe she did a cover of "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face", but it was sort of an R&B/funk version. It was awesome. She even threw in a little Robin S, "Show Me Love", into the mix. Her backup singers/dancers were just as entertaining as her singing. They were going crazy on stage!

The audience was really into it, and everyone was dressed to impress. It was a very fun and enjoyable atmosphere and a great overall vibe. Let's just say, I left the Verizon Wireless Theater an extremely happy fan. I was in such a great mood after the show that nothing could have upset me. This was one of the best concerts I've been to in quite a long time.

There was no better way to top off the night than with Chances, Notsuoh, and cheesy jalapeno biscuits.
This entry was posted on 6:47 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: