i'm five years ago and 3000 miles away
11:22 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
Ah yes, South By Southwest. I have spent the past two springs breaks in Austin for it, and I have had an amazing adventure each time. So many memories, so many stories, so much music, so many open bars. This year will be no different. Yes, Austin, you will be graced my presence once again. The first round of SXSW bands have been posted. Check them out here: http://sxsw.com/music/shows/bands. I'm excited. Quincy Jones is the keynote speaker this year. That will be pretty badass. I will post the SXSW Party list as soon as it is posted. It's my last spring break. ever. Gotta make this shit count!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though I bought it two months ago, I'm finally deep into my next book, Learning to Die. It's the story of Wilco and how the band began, years and years ago. It is always interesting to read up on the intimate background of bands that have blown up. So far, I'm really enjoying it. I'll let you know when I'm finished.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I know they are not "new," but they are new to me. I've been listening to the band Elbow on repeat for the last couple weeks. They remind me of The Frames, whom I also love. Here's "Bones of You," a song off their new album The Seldom Seen Kid.


This entry was posted on 11:22 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: