The 2011 Golden Globes
10:35 AM | Author: madcakeshandy
Really? Inception didn't win an award for anything? Stop the f*cking presses. I'm not going to lie, that was quite a shock for me. Yes, I saw The Social Network when it was in theaters. Was I entertained enough to leave the theater without regretting spending $10 to see it? Yes. Was I blown away? Not at all. Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal as Mark Zuckerberg was of good stature, but I don't think it was enough to help warrant a near Social Network sweep. In all honesty, he started to become more of an annoyance in the film. Just as a side note, I'm happy that Natalie Portman won Best Actress for Black Swan. She played her role phenomenally and deserved the Globe. I still don't think the film was as mesmerizing as the critics say. Yes, I was entertained. Yes, I was somewhat mentally engaged most of the time. No, I didn't have to put my jaw back in place from it falling on the floor. I probably would have put it ahead of The Social Network, though. The only nominated film that left me speechless was Inception. The storyline, the visuals, the special effects, the intricacy, and the acting (I actually enjoyed Ellen Paige's role, and that's saying something) made it a film to remember.

Naturally, the awards I care the most about are for original song and original score. I think those are the only two award presentations I just happened to catch before heading out for a plate of soul food and live jazz music. As far as the Best Song category is concerned, I'm not shocked that a song from Burlesque took home the Golden Globe (look what they had to choose from). Let's be real: the gays run things in Hollywood. Every major player has their own "gay" by their side, telling them what to do. 

Onto the category for Original Score. I feel as if I'm more distraught by Trent Reznor's appearance than the film winning yet another award. I couldn't even recognize him, and I was watching the acceptance on a rather large television screen. Since when did he clean up THAT much? Yeah, it's the Golden Globes but stick your roots, man. The original score for The Social Network is indeed worth listening to. It's very unique and outside-of-the-norm compared to most films that win this award. Nonetheless, I have an affinity towards the Inception soundtrack. I was rooting for you Hans [Zimmer]. 

Check out a live performance of "Time" by Hans Zimmer. The intensity of it is absolutely beautiful. It's difficult to explain. Maybe the band nerd side of is just making a special appearance. Just watch and listen. You won't be disappointed. Scout's honor.



If you enjoyed that, and you appreciate a good remix, listen to what I've posted below. I usually don't value remixes of orchestral/classical music, but this is an exception. My favorite of all time is still DJ Tiesto's remix of Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings".

This entry was posted on 10:35 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: