Such Great Heights
11:33 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
And you know I have to sway my leaves and branches slowly
Out in the sun, like the silent shout of youth

And we ask why do we take these leaps and chances
Because we have no choice but to wither into truth

These lyrics are from one of my favorite Voxtrot songs, Sway. The instrumental section of this song is just so beautiful and calming. I love songs that feature stringed instruments like cello.

Until yesterday, I had only seen the natural side of Arkansas through my car window. I finally got the chance to go out and really enjoy it. We went hiking up West Mountain, hoping to find some trails and lookout points. We definitely succeeded. This is only the tip of the iceberg. We hiked about four or five miles, and the heat and humidity didn't even seem to matter. It seems like everyday I find myself saying, "Wow, I'm really in Arkansas right now." And every time I say it, I'm pleasantly surprised how happy I am about it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I got a taste of what to look forward to as I explore Hot Springs throughout the summer. Unlike Texas, its not everyday that I have a national park in my own backyard. I haven't been camping in a couple years, and this town reminded me why I enjoy it so much. It is so nice to just feel out of the loop for a few hours, not having to worry about anything else going on in my life at the moment. The simplicity of your surroundings can move you just as much as anything else can. That is one of the main reasons music is such a huge part of my life. It allows my mind to wander astray when it needs to.
This entry was posted on 11:33 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On June 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM , Unknown said...

How beautiful! I wish I could explore a national park on my days off from work!