The real work begins tomorrow
8:50 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
Since I've been here, I feel like its been sort of a mini vacation. I've gone out bar hopping every night since I've been here. We have finally started making friends here outside of work, which is a really good thing. Let's just say, the type of person I usually hang out isn't a majority out here. Betsy and I have been basically judging people by how they look. Is that bad?

I have a funny story:

Andy, Betsy, and I were at the grocery store just picking up a few item to tide us over before the last intern came into town. This woman approaches us. Let me describe what this creature looked like. She was rather large, wearing a dirty wife beater, and no bra. Her teeth weren't so hot either. Betsy was walking down an aisle, while Andy and I were waiting for her. This lady says to us: "I know this is really awkward, but my friend just moved into town and he is 'hot as hell.' He doesn't have any gay friends and told me to give his number out if I meet anyone at the grocery store or something. Ya'll are gay together, right?" I basically just stood there in shock. We both just quietly said, "No. We are not gay." While she continued to talk about her gay friend, I had to run away because I was weirded out/about to start laughing hysterically. Who says 'are you gay together'? Apparently people in Hot Springs. I guess when you dress well and speak eloquently, you are automatically pinned as gay.

Tomorrow is my first day of work at the park. Andy and I went up there for the day, and it was pretty fun. Some of those rides are not made for adults. I almost didn't fit in one of them.
|
This entry was posted on 8:50 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: