Flashing Lights
7:11 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
Kanye West "Glow In The Dark Tour" Ticket: $40
T-Shirt: $35
Beers: $8 each
Corn Dogs: $5 each
Witnessing a Kanye West diva moment first hand: Priceless



He was in the middle of his first song, "I Wonder," and the projectors wouldn't work. The funny thing is, they worked for all the other acts. I bet the staff of the venue got hell for this.

My wife (Amy) took me to the Kanye West concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion last Friday as a birthday present. Amazing show. Just amazing. Not only was the music great, the lights and technical aspects were awesome as well. The whole performance was based on a narrative, and each song was a different part of the story. I must say, at times, the acting was a tad corny, but nonetheless cool. He did a good mix of old and new songs. Jesus Walks, All Falls Down, Spaceship, Flashing Lights, and of course, Stronger.

The openers were Lupe Fiasco, N*E*R*D, and Rihanna (or RiRi as we like to call her). N*E*R*D's new album should be coming out this June and I am ridiculously excited about it. During their performance, Pharrell just had to tell the whole audience to come down to the front, and of course, hundreds of people obliged him. I'm pretty sure the staff and security were not happy about that. A girl behind us was so tempted to run up there all the way from the lawn.

Kanye West may be a cocky son of a bitch, but you got to love him for it. During the show, he just had to point out is "Kanye West original " Nikes. Still, his music is pretty badass and that can't be denied.

More hip hop shows need to come to Texas. period.

Next week, I'll be back in The Woodlands to see RADIO mother fuckin HEAD. I'm can't wait. Seriously. At least 20 or 30 people I know are going to be out there on the lawn, jammin' the fuck out. Its going to be pure bliss I tell you. Then a few days after that, its off to Hot Springs I go. I probably won't be ready for Arkansas until I actually get there.
This entry was posted on 7:11 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: