flavors of the week.
11:44 AM | Author: madcakeshandy
Yeah, I know....I've been out of touch with this whole "blogging" thing lately. I'm going to do my best to get back into the swing of things. I refuse to fall into the micro-blogging trap that is called Twitter. No offense to those of you who are avid tweeters, but I give a look of disgust when I hear someone say, "I've got to tweet that real fast." If "Miley Cyrus deleting her Twitter" is national news, God help us.

N-E-wayz...Since I kind of like music, here's a little something to wet your whistle.

You can't go wrong with Basement Jaxx, and anything featuring Sam Sparro is worth listening to. I'm not sure how I feel about his bleach blond hair though. This song just makes me grin from ear to ear. I'm quite excited about Basement Jaxx coming out with new material. Yes its very poppy and catchy, but that's okay sometimes.



I'm pretty obsessed with the new Girls album, Album. It just has a certain novelty and carefree attitude about it. This is a perfect album for a roadtrip with friends. I also love the music video for "Lust for Life". Its very nicely shot in a hipster kind of way. Yes, Pitchfork gave it a very high rating, but P4K does not dictate my music taste. They gave Thunderheist a low score, so they can suck it.


The Antlers' Hospice. Hands down, one of my top albums for 2009. There is no doubt about it. I wasn't sure if it would get much better than Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest (I still listen to it often). This man could sing me to sleep ANY night of the week. The whole album is so serene and relaxing, perfect for a rainy day and a cuddle buddy. Each song tells its own story, some of them almost heartbreaking.

The new Muse album, The Resistance, is decent. Well, its still growing on me. Absolution will always be my favorite Muse album, and I will always love Matthew Bellamy. The XX also made a very good impression on me as well. As far as singles go, here is what I've had on repeat: YYYs - "Heads Will Roll (Passion Pit Remix)", Tiesto feat. Cary Brothers - "Here On Earth", Starfucker - "German Love", Cant - "Ghosts" *Chris Taylor from Grizzly Bear)* Wild Beasts - "Hooting and Howling", Burns - "Turbo (Jokers of the Scene Remix), and Squincy Jones - "Pop My Trunk (Nintendub).

This entry was posted on 11:44 AM and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: