andrew bird and his noble beast.
7:47 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
I finally got a chance to listen to Andrew Bird's latest album, Noble Beast. It's definitely good, but very much like his older albums. Something different is that the second CD is all instrumental. It really showcases his talent on violin (which is amazing). I've seen him live a couple times, and he does not disappoint. Something I've read in other reviews is a complaint about his lyrics. Yes, sometimes his words may not have a clear message on a superficial level, or maybe even a level deeper, but I don't really think it takes away from the overall value of the music. All-in-all, this album is worth checking out.

Another artist I have recently discovered is Plant and Animals (pictured here). On their latest album, Parc Avenue, the song "Good Friend" sticks out to me. The chorus goes like this, "It takes a good friend to say you've got your head up your ass. It takes a good friend to meet you in the park in the dark. It takes an enemy to help you get out of bed. It takes your lover to leave you, to feel loneliness." I could listen to this song over and over on repeat. What do they sound like? Hmm...maybe an indie rock feel with a touch of alternative/Jim Noir/Elbow/The Frames-ish sound? See for yourself. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
This entry was posted on 7:47 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: