nightblindness
11:32 PM | Author: madcakeshandy


Song: "I've Seen It All"
Artist: Bjork
Movie: Dancer in the Dark

I finally watched this movie, and wow. I was almost speechless by the end of it. As my friend said, "Drink a Gatorade to rehydrate yourself from all the tears." This was seriously one of the most depressing, heartbreaking movies I have ever seen. Most movies have some kind of resolution. Nope, not this one. Just when you think things can't get any worse; they do. Seeing the main character (Bjork) just get beaten down and betrayed by the ones she trusted is almost too much to handle. It is horrible to see people have the worst things possible done to them when all they are trying to do is help others. I feel like that type of situation is all too familiar to a lot of people. This definitely isn't a movie you want sit down and watch with your friends on a Friday night. I ended up watching it by myself on cloudy Saturday afternoon.
-------------------------------------------------------
This semester is slowly coming to a close. More than anything, that means I only have one semester left in college. One more semester left in College Station. One more semester left in Town Hall. One more semester until the real world. These past few weeks have been interesting, and I don't even really know how to describe it. I guess I just have a lot on my mind, and I feel like I've gone into hibernation.

This machine will not communicate
These thoughts and the strain I am under
Be a world child, form a circle
Before we all go under
And fade out again and fade out again

This entry was posted on 11:32 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: