Working for the weekend..
10:11 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
Reunited and it feels so good...

This past weekend was just great. Andrew, Jess, Amy, Amber, and the parents all came in town to visit. From going to the Garvan Woodland Gardens to hittin' up Long Shots to singing and dancing along to Peaches and Herb, it was just what I needed. A bit of Night Train and Lone Star was like the cherry on top.

I just wish everyone could have stayed a little bit longer. I didn't really think I was homesick until....well, now.

As far as work goes, let's just say, I have a whole new "perspective" on the situation. I'm proud of what we have all accomplished so far, and honestly, thats all that really matters at this point. The people who matter are the ones who really care, and that's the most important thing. This past week has been an interesting one on many accounts, at times good and at other times, not so good. The good has definitely outweighed the bad though. Good/meaningful conversations, watching The Dark Knight at midnight, etc., having a pretty smooth second show as production manager, etc., in addition to my visitors.

No one can dictate how to feel about a situation. What may seem like a minor deal to you, may mean the world to another. Some experiences may be a godsend to one person, but may shatter that of another's. As hard as making the best of a bad situation is, it is often the only thing that will help. I feel that everyone eventually reaches their limit on negativity, and thats the point I am at right now.

No matter what happens now
I shouldn't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen

I guess I just have a lot on my mind at the moment...but I'm staying positive.
Time to pay my Late Night Partner a visit.
Time to push play on my iPod again.
This entry was posted on 10:11 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: