I know you are, but what am I?
9:56 PM | Author: madcakeshandy
I've re-started listening to a lot more instrumental music, like Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, and The Album Leaf. I Know You Are But What Am I is one of my favorite Mogwai songs. As simple as its orchestration may be, I feel like I can get a lot out of it. If a song doesn't even have to lyrics to stir a variety of emotions, you know its something that can't be duplicated. To this day, Explosions in the Sky (pictured here) put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

I think that our most significant life lessons are learned when we are given very little to work with. When you aren't given the whole story, you have to create your own interpretation of the situation, and there is no right or wrong. Sticking with your gut, and going with those interpretations, is often the hardest part of it all.

On the topic of that song title, a not-so-famous person (sarcasm) once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world". Be the person you feel you need to be to make a difference in whatever you take on in life, whether it be in work, school, relationships, etc. Hell, sometimes it takes meeting the person you aspire to never become to really understand what you want to strive for. I believe that everyone starts out as a blank canvas, just waiting to be painted. When working on a new piece, an artist may realize they don't like the direction their work is going, but instead of just starting over, they work with what they have. I'm learning a lot about what kind of person I want to be in the future, well, also reaffirming my own interpretation on life. After my interactions with some of the people here, I must say, I'm proud of where I've come from, what I have learned/am learning, and where I'm heading in the future.

This past weekend was my first concert as production manager, and I think the day went very well. It is very cool to see everything pull together from that perspective and just think, wow, I really helped make this happen. Personally, when it comes down to it, this has still been a rewarding experience. As much as it has been a roller coaster of sorts, it has been worth it. Ha ha...and I work at a friggin theme park. I'm just so damn clever sometimes. I think all of us interns are taking something away from it. I guess its been sort of a bittersweet situation.

We also had our first party at the apartment as well, and led to a night of craziness as usual. We don't mess around here!

Four of friends AND my parents are coming to visit me this weekend, and I'm ridiculously excited about it. I seriously can. not. wait. As much as I like my time away from home, it will be a pleasant change to have a little home back in my life for a weekend.


|
This entry was posted on 9:56 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On July 16, 2008 at 11:15 AM , amber said...

1. i LOVE "i know you are, but what am i"..amazing! and 2. i think everyone should know that the glorious 4 friends coming to see you this weekend are the following bamf: the amy, the jess, the morris, and the me. done and done. :)